I got great feedback on my Key Lime Margarita post so I think I’ll continue to make food and drink posts for you guys! I didn’t think I’d ever enjoy cooking but moving to Washington put it into a new perspective. I live with my boyfriend so I had more of a reason to cook (because who really wants to spend all that time on a meal for one person?) and try new things. I know I’m eating a lot healthier and I’ve cut back on the red meat in place of more white meat and non meat dishes. Something I like to make as an easy side dish is roasted potatoes!
Potatoes are probably one of very few German foods I actually like! Potatoes are very versatile and can have great flavor! This is my personal recipe but I’m sure others have similar recipes with changes in seasoning. I’d love to hear any other potato recipes! I can’t get enough of this starchy vegetable.
- 4-5 Yellow or Yukon Gold potatoes (2-3 per person for quick adjustments!)
- Olive Oil
- Salt & pepper
Yes that’s it! It really doesn’t take much to make a good roasted potato side! For the size I’d go for one that fits comfortably in the palm of your hand. The larger the potato, the longer it takes in the oven! I’ve found 2-3 are good per person depending on the size you pick out. Just make sure all of the potatoes fit on the baking sheet!
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash and dry the potatoes.
- Take a sharp knife and cut your potatoes into 4 equal pieces. So 1 potato=4 slices. That’s why I said to make sure they all fit on the baking sheet!
- Set the potatoes on a baking sheet (I use a silicone liner to save on cleanup time! Seriously they size a ton of time!)
- Lightly drizzle olive oil over the potatoes; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Put the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 35-45 minutes.
That’s it! It’s very easy to make and as long as you check on the potatoes after the 30 minute mark to make sure they don’t get dry and overcooked you’ll have a simple and tasty side! I’m sure you could use a different kind of seasoning for the potatoes but I find this recipe goes with just about any meal! My boyfriend likes the light taste while still being substantial enough to complete his dinner. I typically make it when I make pork dishes like pork chops or pork tenderloin. Try it out and let me know what you think!
Keep up with my shop & social media!:
Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheBlackCurrant