August is drawing to a close but that doesn’t mean it’s time for closed toed shoes just yet! Have the summer months worn down your feet? Take a mini spa day and pamper your feet for a pedicure from your home! This pedicure scrub is a great way to exfoliate and soften feet before a pedicure. This is a basic recipe but it parts of it can be tweaked to suit your personal taste!
- 1/4 Cup Turbinado Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Cornmeal
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Almond Oil (or any other lightweight oil)
- 1 Tsp. Strawberry Extract (or any other extract )
- 6-8 Drops Red Food Coloring (Optional)
All you have to do is mix all these ingredients together and you’re done! How simple is that? Like I said before, this recipe can be adjusted to fit personal tastes. If you have a nut allergy I suggest swapping out sweet almond oil for another lightweight oil like apricot kernal, grapeseed, or sunflower oil to name a few. You could even use olive oil! Not everyone is a fan or strawberries so feel free to tweak your choice of extract and any color along with it. The color is optional but a fun way to make your scrub.
How To Use:
- Dip your feet in a basin of warm water and soak for several minutes.
- Remove one foot from the water. Scoop a little of the scrub into your hand and massage into your feet. Start at the heel and work your way to your toes. Repeat on the other foot.
- Rinse your feet and pat dry. Now would be the time to rub in some nice foot cream if you so desire.
- You’re ready to polish your nails! Pro tip: Pour a little nail polish remover on a cotton ball and swipe over your nails to remove any excess oils or old polish. This will help your new polish stay on better and last longer!
Keep up with my shop & social media!:
Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheBlackCurrant